Verified Reviewer

Featured Not resolved

I feel that I must express my complete shock and disappointment that I have experienced this year with the Toys for Tots organization only because of my wonderful experience last year.

My pick-up location was at the Toys for Tots warehouse on Woodruff Rd on Saturday, Dec. 14th.

My pick-up time that was stated in my confirmation email was between 10 and 2. I arrived about 10 minutes til 2. The line to the door was absolutely insane! I felt sure that the line would go quickly because last year, we simply pulled up in our vehicle and the toys were ready to be loaded into our car.

I stood in line to receive the toys from 2 pm until 7 pm! For 5 freezing hours, I stood and waited for the much-needed assistance for my three grandchildren. I received custody of my three grandchildren ages 3, 5 and 7 about a year and a half ago so you can imagine the needs that I have with being a single guardian of three small children.

At approximately 6:00 pm while standing in line, a gentleman came out and announced his regret that there is only enough toys left for each child to have one and a few stocking stuffers. Please do not mistake my emotions for being unappreciative but how can one gift per child be justified.

From what I understand to be true, too many toys were given out to the people that came that morning and this is what's left. It was also stated by a gentleman within the organization that all leftover toys at the end of the day are given to the Salvation Army.

I confirmed my approval once inside and stood while the toys were gathered very hurriedly and disorganized. Once outside I opened the bag to find 3 toys and 2 stuffed animals. My 5-year-old granddaughter received only a hula hoop that is noticeably intended for someone much larger and older.

The two (not even three-one for each child) stuffed animals (I assume where considered the stocking stuffers) still had the tags on them that stated that they were dog toys from Petsmart!

Since there is an application and approval process, doesn't that mean that you know exactly how many children are expected to receive toys and therefore not to run out?

Furthermore, I was at the end of the line with only about 20 people behind me and after I was given my bag, while I was being escorted out of a side door, I noticed a large number of toys that remained in each child's age group. So it seems to me that there was more of a desire to have the image of helping out another organization than to remain committed to assisting the already approved and anxious children on your list.

Control # 324988 (Jamie Tucker)

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Very Disappointed Children

Comments

350 days(as of this writing) until Christmas. Start saving today...

Take those kid's dad(s) to court for child support. Get your loser child(ren) to start kicking in for the support of THEIR kids as well.

Wow. Grandma you had a full year to prepare for and purchase toys for Christmas 2019.

Salvation Army is not there to supply your grandchildren a free Christmas year after year. As for how many toys they have to give out... every toy they hand out is DONATED to that organization. They have NO CONTROL concerning how many toys that are available.

Be happy you were fortunate enough to get ANYTHING. If what you say is even partially true about them giving out too many toys earlier in the day which I doubt.... that is on you.

You thought you could wait to the last minute, roll up in your vehicle and have a nice free Christmas conveniently placed into your trunk without ever getting out of your car. NOTE TO GRANDMA: NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING.

Both ( all ? ) of these children's parents are total losers and unable to do anything whatsoever ?

So you're mad at the folks who are overwhelmed by persons each of whom has a story similar to yours whom they are trying to help ? Your anger is misplaced.

Toys For Tots Reviews