First time participate. Went to pick up site.

To find a clear bag with my name on it to find this in it. Im confused. Is this normal? I know the saying "baggers can't be choosers" but, I have a 13 yr boy and 8 yr old girl.

I seen people walking out with board games. Remote control cars. Barbies. How do they decide who gets what?

Any input? Des Moines Iowa!

Comments

Looks like you got in at the end, and they they only had younger kids stuff left, and *** cheap stuffed animals.

Kind of like being last in line at the free food pantry, and getting a bag with a turnip, an expired box of pablum, and a can of cat food without the label.

I did not have a good experience with Toys for Tots. First of all, I never received notification as to when to pick up the toys.

When I called they said they had been "short-changed on toys for my grandchildren's age range. But they did have a puzzle for the youngest one.

But it had to be picked up by noon. That would have required me to take off work with no pay.

Sadly yes, this is typical.

People give the cheapest junk they can. Because a lot of times they will get free tickets to a sporting event in exchange for a toy or their place of employment is having a toy drive at work and they contribute for appearance sake.

Not because they care.

Or the believe that 50 dollar store toys are better than 5 durable toys.

Plus the Marine reserve staff will take the toys they want for their families.

It used to be a good program but now it’s just cheap crap from the dollar store or oriental trading.

People pat themselves on the back like they are so graciously helping when in fact they have crushed a kids dreams. It’s sad.